This article describes how to sketch complex intersections. At a high level, you will want to follow these steps:
Update the Street Grid, if needed
Click on all the approaches to the intersection to generate the default lane configuration.
Update each intersection approach's cross-section to have accurate lane widths
Update each corner of the intersection
Add intersection islands such as channelized turning islands or roundabouts
We'll review each step in more detail below:
1. Update the Street Grid (if needed)
Merge dual-carriageways if they are close together at your intersection. You can select multiple segments within the Street Grid Editor by pressing the SHIFT key and clicking on each side of the street.
You may want to combine intersections that are close together. By default, Remix automatically merges intersections that are within 25 feet of each other. When not automatically combined, we have found that sketching intersections can be easier when working with one area instead of multiple.
2. Click on all the streets that approach the intersection
3. Update each intersection approach's cross-section to have accurate lane widths. Adjust the cross-section offset to match the underlying aerial, if needed.
Shorten any intersection legs, as needed.
Update sliders at the approaches of an intersection to update the default corner shape:
4. Update each corner of the intersection
Review this article for a detailed guide to sketching corners
5. Add intersection iIslands
Review this article for a detailed guide to sketching islands